Today, I wrote my first weekly letter. Why so long after last Friday’s post? Because I honestly didn’t know where to start. So many people to write to, so many things I wanted to say. It took me a minute (or a few days) to finally decide on one person to start this amazing project with.
Many people in my life inspire me by their talent, their intelligence, their love of life, their entire beings… This person inspires me deep in my soul. We all have those people in our lives that can do it ALL! You look at them go and you are almost exhausted. LOL! My friend is one of those people. But like many of the people I hold so dear, she lives far away and we only get to see each other a few times a year. My children know her as “auntie” and my daughter makes drawings for her all the time. I decided to send her one today. I’m hoping she’ll make herself a nice cup of tea and think of all the long hours, chatting and sipping mug after mug of tea together, learning from each other, sharing in our lives. I hope she knows that I think of her everyday and that those few moments a year are some of the most precious ones I have.
I’ve also felt inspired by Kim at Mothering with Mindfulness to share with you what I’m grateful for today. It seems like it is during the most trying times that gratitude is important, to find and cherish the little things that make our lives the blessings that they are and to help us let go of suffering and live in the now.
Today, I’m grateful for :
- A partner in life with who I can be honest, without fear of judgment or lashing out.
- For a daughter that always wants to push the limits, even the ones inside herself.
- For an imperfect and creatively eclectic, sometimes messy, always inspiring, home.
- For my son’s long easy naps, during which I can be myself and enjoy the silence of my own little world, allowing me to feel whole as a person.
- For kids that so far, love being with one another. Always making each other smile, always waiting to be close.
- For winter as a season, making us slow down and reflect, plan and dream.
What are you grateful for? I would love to know!