So the game is over, the score has been set : Winter germs 4 – My family 0! After my daughter starting it over a week ago with a very bad case of tonsillitis, then it was my son with a combo of bronchitis and pneumonia, then me with a combo of sinus infection and bronchitis and finally dad with a massive case of laryngitis. Needless to say, this past week-end was about resting, staying warm, sleeping as much we could, eating lots of vegetable hardy soups and scrambled eggs and trying to enjoy a bit of the mild weather we’ve been having finally.
Wash clothes were slowly knitted by drowsy hands, pages were printed and colored, words were read while children slept, letters were written by little hands and mailed out excitedly and an hour of tentative energy led to a little snowy fun.
On this Monday, while my daughter is back with her friends at preschool, my son is deep in a peaceful, cough free sleep and my husband is back battling the work force, I’m grateful for :
- Kids that are the champions of adapting to any situation.
- A husband that is present and selfless when it comes to raising and taking care of our kids.
- Parents that always put everything aside to help us out as much as they humanly can.
- A mother that embraces our dietary restrictions and sees them as a challenge to cook up more delicious foods.
- A house with a panoramic southern exposure, which makes the living room feel like summer, even in the dead of winter.
- The sounds of my husband’s ukulele in our home, always making it impossible to not smile.
I hope all your week-ends were amazing…