So, Mladen and Milica, the sweet people from Delicious Peace of Mind, have nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award, a sort of blogger-to-blogger award that allows new blogs with less than 1000 readers to get known and recognize. I feel so honored that they would send me this, sharing with me how much they find my blog to be a positive space on the internet. I hope you’ll take the time to check them out. They have a wonderful space filled with vegan food and healthy living inspiration.
Since I’m curious by nature, I went searching for information on the origin of the Liebster Blog Award. That became impossible really quickly. So many entries! But the one thing I did find is that there are many varying opinions of this award, so to not put anybody on the spot, I’ve decided to bend the rules. Instead of having to choose 5 to 11 blogs that I think would deserve it like the rules state (how could I even choose between all the amazing blogs I read?), I’ve decided to answer the questions that they have asked me and list 11 random facts about myself, but then, I will ask 11 questions to anyone who wants to share a bit about themselves to answer! You can pick 1 question or answer them all. You can just list some fun facts for us to get to know you. I want to open the floor to all these amazing bloggers that grace me with their comments, experiences and stories.
So lets start with the questions I was asked :
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Funny enough, I don’t think I would really move. I don’t believe there is one perfect place. I think you make where you are perfect for you. I do wish everywhere was a bit closer though so many of my friends and family wouldn’t be so far away.
- Are you a cat person or a dog person and do you have any furry (or not so furry) friends?
Definitely a cat person! We have 3 kitties : Luke (almost 16 yo), Daisy (6 yo) and Fernand (4 yo). They are all rescues. We will most likely have a dog someday, but that will be when the kids are old enough that they can help with the doggy-chores!
- If you could live in any era, when would you live?
Again, I love the time I’m in. It is challenging and scary sometimes, but what period wasn’t really. Part of me feels like I wasn’t born in the right era sometimes, but I don’t think I would go back.
- Do you prefer more adventure or leisure type of vacation?
I’m an adventure kind of girl. Even with smaller children, I’m all about nature, hiking, camping, wildlife and roughing it. And definitely disconnected. My favorite vacations are vacations where we cannot be reached!
- Do you believe in faith and destiny?
I do believe in faith. It is a grand force in our lives. I also believe in destiny, but I do not believe it to be a finite thing. I truly believe you can change your destiny by changing what you do in your day-to-day life. Cause and effect is ever-changing.
- What is your greatest motivation to keep going?
My children are my greatest motivation. Everything I do is to help them become who they are going to be. Also knowing that in the grand scheme of things, I matter : Every action I make has a consequence. This makes me feel not so much like a lonely grain of sand, but as part of a strong resilient beach!
- How do you deal with your fears?
By seeing them for what they are and facing them. For me, fear is an attachment to an emotion. If I choose to not let that emotion guide me, then I become free from that fear. It is a lesson that is hard to learn, but once you’ve learned it, the world is yours!
- What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie is “Garden State”. To me, it is a great story of the strength we all possess inside. Our capacity to take control of our life no matter how much is stacked up in front of us. And it’s funny as all get-up! LOL!
- Favorite season of the year?
Fall! As much as love spring and summer (I am a gardener after all), fall is the beginning of my quiet time of year. There is something calming about the world going to sleep peacefully around you.
- What makes you laugh?
A lot! Too much to list here… But my children are on the top of my list for sure.
- What do you prefer: living in a city or in the countryside?
I would say that I see amazing opportunity in both. Which is why I love my neck of the woods. I live in a small town that has farmland just minutes away. I have 1/3 of an acre of land that is rich and promising. But I’m also less than 30 minutes away from all the convenience and bustle of the city center. Although it is tempting to move away and just concentrate on our permaculture dreams and such, I find that I’m in the place I need to be. Hopefully inspiring people to find and develop self-sufficiency in a world of plenty…
11 random facts about me (and I will try to make them as RANDOM as possible for fun!) :
- Although I absolutely LOVE teas of all kinds, I cannot drink them early in the morning or else I get nauseated. Something about tea on an empty stomach just doesn’t work. But I can drink coffee no problem!
- I’m a texture freak : I will eat pretty much everything, unless it’s mushy. Example : If I make myself egg salad sandwich for lunch, I will bring the bread and bring the salad separately so the bread doesn’t get soggy.
- Ever since I’ve had my kids, I’m always hot! They used to call me “miss no-blood” cause my hands and feet were always freezing. Now, I’m a walking furnace.
- I lose 2 to 3 pairs of sunglasses a year. I’m horrible with them. I’ve left them just about everywhere! So I never spend more than 20$ on them.
- I have an insane memory for numbers : If I dial a number once or twice. I will usually remember it.
- But I’m horrible with names… I’ll remember a face and be able to spot you from a crowd after just meeting you once, but will ask for your name about 5 times.
- I get awfully car sick. I need to be staring at the horizon all the time. I can’t even stare down at a cellie to text without getting nauseated.
- I chew 2 of 10 nails : My thumbs. For some reason, I cannot stand them to grow. But all other fingers are fine.
- I cannot for the life of me start and finish ONE book. I always have 3 to 4 going at the same time since I never know what I’ll be in the mood to read.
- I thrive on taking on more than I can chew. There is something about having too much on my plate that makes me focused. I use to get anxious about it, but not anymore.
- Although French is my first language, I dream and think in English!
Okay, so here we go for my 11 questions to all of you (including you Mladen and Milica!) :
- What first inspired you to start a blog?
- What is your first childhood memory?
- What is your favorite cookbook?
- What 3 words best describe your outlook on life?
- If you could ask one question to anyone (dead or alive), what would it be and whom would you ask it to?
- If you won a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is one thing you would warn your younger self about?
- What is usually your very first thought when you wake up in the morning?
- If you would write a book, what would it be about?
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- What comes to mind when I say the word “connection”?
Thank you again SO MUCH Mladen and Milica for inspiring me to write this post. I’ve been quiet and in a slight daze the last week and this has put me back in the mood for blogging! Can’t wait to read all your lovely answers and get to know you better. If ever you are moved to share your answers on your own blog, PLEASE link back in the comment section for all to read!