- My kids were taught that only smooth, paved surfaces are safe?
- Their feet were always trapped inside shoes, their toes never touching the earth, the mud, the rocks, the morning dew, the afternoon heat?
- Fear of the “dirty world” was instilled in them at a young age, forcing them to constantly keep their hands clean?
- They were always asked to hurry up, to walk the pace, to stop “wasting” time, to keep up?
- In their minds, insects were pests, squirrels were dirty, frogs were slimy and snakes were gross?
- The stains on their clothing were things to be ashamed of?
- Scraped knees were the end of the world?
What would their lives be filled with? What wonders would they never get to experience? How different their world would be…
Go off-road my friends. Life is limitless if you let your feet wonder.