Hello again friends. Hoping all of you had a wonderful week-end and are enjoying a new week filled with happy moments.
You know your soul has been restored when you can’t stop sharing with your husband the thoughts that fly through your mind. And you would think that what we would share would be the events of my week-end, but no. See, he will be participating in the same class I went to in 2 weeks and I want him to walk in with an open mind an open heart. I want him to live it fully. So I’m fighting my urges to blurt out all the enlightening messages I’ve received. There will be time to share once he comes back from his own retreat.
No, the thoughts floating through my mind are of new projects, new goals and new resolve. I had shared before leaving about our steps towards a simpler way of life. This past week-end’s retreat just solidified it all. I came home more motivated to continue with our journey, but even more determined to share it with others.
So many things have changed in just 4 days : How fleeting time is. I came home to almost climbing runner beans and flowering chamomile. To crabapple trees free of flowers, but showing little apples forming on the stems. (Our bumblebees and other pollinators have been hard at work and I thank them.) When I walk through my yard, lilac fills the air. The neighborhood birds have definitely found our feeders, which have to be filled now every few days now. I came home to a Little Man with 8 teeth instead of 5 and a Little Miss with tan lines after so many hours out in the sun or in our well-loved trampoline! To a garage reorganized and to the piles of branch debris from our sub woods piled neatly to dry, forecasting many fire pit warmed nights to come. And all this makes me feel so grateful. Grateful for :
- A husband that took on this past week-end’s challenge and made it his own. Making me feel safe and secure.
- A family that is so adaptable. I was reminded this past week-end that flexibility and great joy come hand in hand. To be able to mold yourself to situations as they arrive allows you to flow peacefully, like water around rocks in a bubbling stream.
- Parents that are always there! Thank you mom and dad for feeding my babies while I was gone.
- A home that has a life of its own, always changing with us and allowing us to grow. I wouldn’t change my semi-run-down-but-oh!-so-lovely little dwelling for anything.
- For having found a Faith that gives me the opportunity to be better than I ever thought would be possible. The road to finding my True Nature is the most rewarding path to walk.
Wishing you all a lovely, peaceful and inspiring week.