For the second time in a few months, I’ve been chosen for a Liebster blogger Award. This time, by the so-sweet Emma from NY KitchenMama.
Once again, here are the rules:
- Write a post thanking the person that nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions this person gives you.
- Write down 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 new blogs (with less than 1000 followers) you think deserve the attention. This is meant as a way for them to get known and hopefully get new readers!
- Inform the blogger you’ve nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are my questions :
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I’m partial to anything dripping with caramel or butterscotch!
- What is your favorite book? Alan Lightman’s “Einstein’s Dreams”.
- Where would you go on a dream vacation? These days, I’m dreaming of Hawaii.
- Gold or Silver? White gold.
- If you could use one word to describe your home, what would it be? Perfect.
- If you could be someone else, from any era, who would you be? I would be me, but with the power to time travel!
- What is your favorite song? “What a good boy” by Barenaked Ladies.
- Jeans or Dresses? Both have their time and place.
- What is your favorite recipe? Right now, it’s the recipe for the PERFECT bread I found on Spontaneous Tomato.
- What is your most embarrassing moment? Fainting in front of my church when I was 9 while reading scripture.
- What is the longest word that you know? That is too hard : I would have to think both language (I speak French and English) and all that keeps coming to mind is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and I know that is a hack cause it’s really not a word!
11 random facts about me (I’ll try to come up with 11 new ones) :
- My favorite color is turquoise. Why? Because I can’t make up my mind whether it’s green or blue and I love that it can be anything it wants.
- Love olive oil but really dislike olives.
- I own tons of cookbooks but I’m yet to make a recipe where I don’t change something in it. I just can’t stick to the rules.
- I’m not afraid of heights, but swings make me dizzy. Even if I’m just rocking a little bit, my head will start spinning and I’ll get nauseated.
- I’m horrible at meal planning. I’m very “whatever is in the fridge” so it’s hard for me to figure out what I want to eat in 5 days time. Unfortunately, that leads to a lot of little trips to the grocery store which I know makes us spend more than we should. Working on it!
- If I could spend my entire life without a bra, I would!
- Same with footwear. I love a big pair of comfy socks in winter, but keeping shoes on is a torture. (I guess that is where my kids get it from!)
- I love the sound of my house. When I’m alone, I don’t even put n music. I love the cricks and cracks of our old walls.
- Ever since we cancelled cable and put away the TV, I’ve found myself craving the most ridiculous shows like reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
- One of my favorite sounds in the whole world is the sound of a mason jar lid popping sealed. I can’t help but smile at the symphony of goodness when I’m canning food.
- Make me choose between chocolate or caramel, I will always take caramel!
Last time, I chickened out of naming people, but this time I’ll do it out right. This has taken a few days to compile because it’s not always easy to know the number of followers a blog has. Also, to make my life a little easier, I’ve decided to choose from WordPress blogs I follow. (I follow a LOT of blogs!)
My nominees :
- Sara from Happiness is here
- Eli from Coach daddy blog
- Mama (wish I knew her real name) from Raising Mama
- Summer from Summer Playhouse
- The lovely mom (again, I don’t know her name) from Sustaining Simplicity
- Kitty from The Night Quilter
- Lila from True Love and Homegrown
- Suzy from Bits of a Simple Life
- Chantalle from Being Lovely
- Michelle from Factotum of Art
- Tiffany from Live.Learn.Love.Eat
** Please keep in mind that these were just 11 blogs that I enjoy, that have less than 1000 followers on WordPress. I love and read so many amazing blogs, this is not a comment on any others that were not mentioned here. **
Here are my questions for you :
- What is your favorite thing about your favorite season?
- What is your favorite ingredient to cook with?
- Besides your family and pets, what would be the one thing you would grab running out of your house if it was on fire?
- If you could take up any hobby/sport, what would it be
- What song could you always listen to without fear of getting fed up with?
- What was/is your favorite subject in school?
- What other languages (besides English) do you speak?
- What does “heaven” mean to you?
- Beach or Mountains? (and why)
- Tea or Coffee?
- What is your biggest regret?
Looking forward to reading all your responses and no worries if you don’t want to play along… I know these types of post are hit or miss with everyone. I just find them fun!
Have a great day!